As a way of thanking and recognizing our incredible volunteers, we’d like to invite you to dinner after our Shabbat service.
If you are interested in attending, please CLICK HERE.
Please RSVP by April 30. We look forward to celebrating you and your achievements!
By Steve Barberio
A few weeks ago, I shared with the congregation our
increasing focus on the importance of volunteers as key contributors to the
health and vitality of Bet Shalom. There are many who help out as ushers,
landscapers, committee members, kitchen helpers, and in so many other ways who
deserve to be recognized for their contributions.
At our Kabbalat Shabbat service on Friday, May 3, we will
recognize the many ways our members have contributed to programs and activities
at Bet shalom. We’ll begin the evening with a Kabbalat Panim at 5:30, followed
by the evening service, and then a light dinner afterward in the social hall.
If you contributed your time as a volunteer in the past year, please join us.
This is, by no means, an exhaustive list of areas people
volunteered in the past year, but if you engaged in any of these activities,
please join us:
- -Serving on the Board or on a committee
- -Ushering during Shabbat or on High Holy Days
- -Helping out at the fall block party
- -Working the concession stand at a Minnesota Twins game
- -Serving snack at Religious School
- -Helping out teachers and staff at Relgious School
- -Giving time and expertise in support of Bet Shalom Yeladim
- -Helping organize the storage room and other spaces at the synagogue
- -Donating time in the kitchen as a helper or cook
- -Doing office work in support of the administration
- -Volunteering at a fundraiser or other event
It’s entirely possible that I’ve missed at least one area
that people have volunteered, but on behalf of the Board of Trustees and the
staff, we are so grateful for the contributions being made by our members. So
join us on Shabbat on May 3 to be recognized for your generosity.
Please RSVP by April 30 if you plan to join us after services for dinner by clicking HERE.