There are many ways to become involved at Bet Shalom!
We value and appreciate our volunteers donating their time and energy towards Bet Shalom.
Listed below are just a few ways that you can become involved:
- -Serving on the Board or on a committee
- -Ushering during Shabbat or on High Holy Days
- -Serving snack at Religious School
- -Helping out teachers and staff at Religious School
- -Giving time and expertise in support of Bet Shalom Yeladim
- -Helping organize the storage room and other spaces at the synagogue
- -Donating time in the kitchen as a helper or cook
- -Doing office work in support of the administration
- -Volunteering at a fundraiser or other event
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to learn more, you can call us or email.
Volunteer Spotlight Series
Christy and her family joined Bet Shalom in 1984, where her two daughters grew up Jewish. Christy has volunteered for many things at Bet Shalom, including Religious School snack bar and Oneg activities. She is currently on the Kitchen Committee, and volunteers her time in the front office, handwriting thank-you notes to donors. Her positivity and generosity is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Mimi Gewirtz and Carli Wolpert
Mimi and Carli may be the most punctual teens you will ever meet. They have been coming to Bet Shalom every day, since late January, to volunteer. As part of their community involvement course with Hopkins High School, both Mimi and Carli have helped Bet Shalom in many ways. While they are both off to college in the fall, Mimi at George Washington University and Carli at Tulane, we have enjoyed having them around and are sad to see them go! We wish you both the best of luck!